WELCOME TO Gordons Bay BOAT ANGLING CLUB
The first outing as a club took place on Saturday 17 November 1968 together with the Cape Boat & Ski-Boat Club. Launching was supposed to take place at 04:30 from Gordon’s Bay Harbour but due to a strong South Easter the boats held back. However, at 05:30 the wind slacked off and with high spirits the anglers set off.
Gordon’s Bay Boat Angling Club took part in their first competition against Peninsula Ski Boat Club on 23 November 1968. 7th December 1968 saw the club hold their first annual Christmas Dinner Dance which was attended by seventy two members and friends. Sunday 2nd February 1969 the club was invited by the Cape Boat & Ski-Boat Club to fish off Cape Point.
At the first Annual General Meeting it was decided to donate two Walkie Talkies to the National Sea Rescue Institute (N.S.R.I) due to their lack of communications on the water. Today GBBAC remains a stern supporter of the NSRI, in particular the Gordons Bay station (Station 9) Gordons Bay Boat Angling Club today takes part in all Western Province Deep Sea Angling leagues and also hosts an annual Offshore Classic and Inshore Classic tournament.
This is apart from various social club angling competitions and other events. Over the years the GBBAC has gone from strength to strength and today boasts a beautiful clubhouse in Harbour Island with ample facilities and a membership of 160.
- Chairman: Colin Joubert – 083 261 8279
- Vice Chairman: Nico Zietzman – 082 850 2276
- Secretary: Leonie Penninkhof – 079 5169 155
- Entertainment: Arrie Burger – 072 254 7550
- Competitions: Morne Marais – 072 256 5157
- Radio & Safety: Sydney Strydom – 082 418 4735
- Club House and Grounds: Barry Martins – 084 651 6469
- Editor: Philip van der Walt – 083 274 0534
- Development: Delano Goldberg – 078 894 0926
- Treasurer: Colin Joubert – 083 261 8279
- Club President: Mike Casserley